Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dropping The Cigs & Adapting To A New Way Of Eating

                                 
              
 Two days ago marked the beginning of my weight loss journey. I have over the past 10 yrs continued to put on pounds, until I cannot even recognize myself anymore. Ive tried diff diets, all promising results but in the end they werent sustainable at all (For me at least). What little weight I did loose, was yoyo loosing, Id loose 4lbs, then gain back 5...then loose 3 and gain back 2, etc. And then once you would go completely off the diet, thats when the lbs would really start to pack on, even more than you had before you started!

I also want to become healthier without getting hooked up on the endless train of pills that some doctors just love to get you on to "treat the symptoms".  Its been awhile since Ive been to a doctor but Im sure my prognosis wouldnt be good if I did and had tests run. I know for a fact that my blood pressure is high, and my cholesterol level YRS ago was outrageous for someone of my age back then.I dont want to just treat symptoms and only end up continuing to get worse, I want to FIX whats causing the problems all together! After some time has gone by, I may go to the doctor to have my levels checked again, just to see what type of change its had, from the last time my levels were taken. As it is, Im not on any medications although I am suppose to be. From the last times Ive had these taken, here is what my levels were...

Heart Rate: Floats around 90 to 120 even in rest
Blood Pressure: I cant remember the exact numbers, but both numbers were just over the level for Stage 2, which is extremely high. I want to say, it was somewhere like...208/132.  Last time I had this taken was about a mnth or two ago.
Cholesterol: Again, I dont remember what the number was, but I do remember that my LDL was over 200 and that was about 10 yrs ago.

After doing some reading, and watching several more documentaries on the subject and the "facts & statements they have from evaluations and studies" I realized that the key is to going back to the way God intended us to eat. If we do that and do it all with balance, then how can you go wrong? I mean, if you think about it...eating the things that God put on this planet and eating an abundance of them is the key right? Because we all know that God isnt wrong, he doesnt do things halfway. His way and plan is perfect. Now, no one can completely eat clean like it used to be, our soil and air is so polluted now, but we can do our best to avoid those foods when possible that are made in a lab or have ingredients that have been made in a lab:)

I am also not saying that I am never gonna have a doughnut or a cookie, or a bowl of ice cream ever again either, what I am saying, is that my goal is to make at least 80% of it as clean and nutritious as possible, and leave all the other stuff for special occasions and treats:)

Theres several documentaries that are wonderful and if this is something your interested in, I would highly recommend watching, but dont stop there...after watching them go and look up the things they are saying and read the studies and information from the horses mouth so to speak.

#1 Forks Over Knives (Netflix) Also has an extended interview show also.
#2 King Corn (Hulu)
#3 The Sick Story of Genetically Modified Organisms (YouTube)
#4 Hungry For Change (Netflix)

So anyway...enough about the reasoning behind me making this change:) I am starting this with a 7 to 10 day detox juice cleanse, to try and flush out my system of as much crap as possible before I start trying to heal and rebuild it with good foods. I will post on here ever so often with updates on what changes I notice, good or bad and of course new levels and weights:)

As for the smoking, so far Im doing well I would say, but I will be honest...this smoking thing is 100 times worse and harder to deal with and go through than the juice detox LOL Today is my 3rd day and Ive only had 1 cig ! I consider that a successful step leading to my goal:)

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment